There are also some things that you can do to ensure you lessen the chance of attracting termites to your house:
- Don’t affix trellises, fencing or landscaping to exterior walls.
- Keep mulch, wood debris, timber or firewood away from your home.
- Trim all trees, bushes and other dense vegetation close to the house and remove dead trees or stumps in the yard.
- Repair leaking taps and water lines, both indoors and outdoors and ensure watering systems are not in close proximity to foundations.
- Fix leaky roofs, gutters and downpipes and don’t allow leaves to accumulate in gutters and drains.
- Ensure air conditioning condensate and hot water system overflow water is directed away from the foundations.
- Keep all sub-floor areas clean, dry and well ventilated.
- Seal all cracks and holes in your home’s foundation, which may provide a handy access point for termites.